Tuesday, July 15, 2008

What is Dew Your Face?

I started "Dew Your Face" to pass on the information I have gathered over the past few years on anti-aging techniques, products and procedures. And why me? I am a health care writer who has written articles for more than ten years. Most recently I have written a series in Food & Home magazine, a California central coast publisher, on tips about facial anti-aging strategies. The content of these articles covered the array of facial lasers, botox and beyond, and facial plastic surgery.

Working with Dr. David LaPatka, a double board certified facial plastic surgeon practicing in Santa Barbara, I learned a lot about surgery for men and women. I learned some ways to "question" yourself to see if you really want cosmetic surgery, how to seek a qualified physician, preparation planning, post care and more. After many conversations with Dr. LaPatka, I also developed the concept of a "The Well-timed Once" (TWO) which is about an optimal time for a person to rejuvenate through facial plastic surgery. TWO is about having the face you want for the second half of your life.

But well before TWO, there are many many things you can do to your face to maintain the dewy look of youth. I have learned the inside secrets and thoughts of physicians, and people who care for your skin. I will reveal these. I have undergone some procedures myself as preparation for articles. For example, I had a laser remove dark facial pigmentation. I will share with you when I have tried something and if not, what the people who perform and recommend them really think.

This blog is not just for women concerned about anti-aging; it is also a blog for Gen X and Y who want to ensure that they are doing the best they can to dew their faces in order to look their best as they age.

No comments: